University of Wolverhampton
CHORD invites submissions for a workshop that explores the history of retailing and distribution in a rural context. Papers focusing on any historical period or geographical area are welcome. Some of the themes that might be considered include:
- The village shop
- Rural networks of supply
- Marketing and selling ‘the countryside’
- Rural commodities, services and industries
- Transport, networks and consumer information
- The rural consumer
- Markets, fairs and peddlers
- Representations of rural retail.
- Retailing, distribution and agriculture
The workshop will be held at the University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton city Campus.
To submit a proposal, please send title and abstract of c.300 to 400 words to Laura Ugolini, at email@example.com by 13 February 2015.